Light Vehicle Maintenance (Automotive, Motor Vehicle)Print Page
|Qualification type:||Advanced Apprenticeship|
|Start date||Various start date|
If you are interested in working with cars and vehicles, then this Apprenticeship course could be ideal for you. This is usually referred to as technician training these days, because of the importance of technology and technical work (rather than simply mechanical) in maintaining and repairing vehicles. There are many areas you could work in within the sector. This is a fast moving, dynamic and exciting, often challenging sector to work in. It can be very rewarding. The motor trade employs more than half a million people in the UK alone. More than 40 companies manufacture vehicles in the UK, and motor sport is a huge area. Eight Formula one teams are UK based.
5 GCSEs grades A*-C including GCSE maths and English or an appropriate level 2 qualification (at a merit if graded) and a satisfactory school report.
We will request a school or college report and you will attend an interview at the college.
To apply for this course please click the apply button and complete the online application form. If you have any queries with regards to your application or would like further information and support please contact us on 01325 503030.
- Skills in health, safety and good housekeeping in the automotive environment
- Skills in supporting job roles in the automotive work environment
- Skills in materials, fabrication, tools and measuring devices used in the automotive environment
- Knowledge of health, safety and good housekeeping in the automotive environment
- Knowledge of support for job roles in the automotive work environment
- Knowledge of materials, fabrication, tools and measuring devices
- Used in the automotive environment
- Competency in diagnosing and rectifying engine faults
- Competency in diagnosing and rectifying chassis faults
- Knowledge of diagnosis and rectification of engine faults
- Knowledge of diagnosis and rectification of chassis faults
- Knowledge of diagnosis and rectification of transmission and driveline faults
- Competency of diagnosing and rectifying auxiliary electrical faults
- Knowledge of diagnosis and rectification of auxiliary electrical faults
- Competency/knowledge in how to identify and agree customer service needs
Various roles including Automotive Technician or Diagnostic Technician.
Darlington College offers a wide range of support including careers guidance, financial assistance, additional learning support, childcare and many more. For more information on any aspect of student support contact the Student Services Team on 01325 503030 and they will direct your call to the appropriate college support team.
Here at the college we have outstanding support. Our support staff are dedicated to providing you with all the help and guidance you may need throughout your college journey.
You might need help and advice on a wide range of issues such as childcare, counselling and additional learning support. For more information on any aspect of student support contact the Course and Information Team, who will direct your call to the appropriate member of the college support team, call: 01325 503030.
If you have any questions about this course, send us a message using the form below.