Customer ServicesPrint Page
|Qualification type:||Intermediate Apprenticeship|
This cross-sector qualification encompasses a broad range of competencies from the customer service environment, including organisation within the private, public and not-for-profit sectors. It allows you to choose from a variety of units within a suite of qualifications conducted purely in the working environment.
This Apprenticeship teaches you the skills to provide excellent customer service and can be applied to hundreds of job roles across many different sectors.
You need 4 GCSEs at grade D-E including maths and English.
You will be required to attend an interview at the college for all courses and Apprenticeships and we will request a school or college report.
To apply for this course please click the apply button and complete the online application form. If you have any queries with regards to your application or would like further information and support please contact us on 01325 503030.
The Apprenticeship consists of NVQ certificate in Customer Service, a Technical Certificate in Principles of Customer Service and Functional Skills.
- Understand the principles of customer service
- Understand the rules of customer service
- Understand the use of communication in customer service
The NVQ qualification has 2 mandatory units and further optional units, which are then broken down into groups.
- Communicating using customer service language
- Follow the rules to deliver customer service
Impression and Image (16 units), including:
- Communicate effectively with customers
- Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Promote additional services or products to customers
Delivery (11 units), including:
- Deliver reliable customer service
- Deliver customer service on your customers' premises
- Recognise diversity when delivering customer service
- Deal with customers across a language divide
Handling problems (7 units) including:
- Recognise and deal with customer queries, requests and problems
- Resolve customer service problems
Development and Improvement (13 units) including:
- Develop customer service relationships
- Support customer service improvements
- Develop personal performance through delivering customer service
- Buddy a colleague to develop their customer service skills
- Develop your own customer service skills through self-study
- Various junior office roles
- Customer Service Trainee
- Customer Service Assistant
- Agent roles
- Level 3 Diploma in Business
- Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship
- Level 3 Customer Service Apprenticeship
Darlington College offers a wide range of support including careers guidance, financial assistance, additional learning support, childcare and many more. For more information on any aspect of student support contact the Student Services Team on 01325 503030 and they will direct your call to the appropriate college support team.
Here at the college we have outstanding support. Our support staff are dedicated to providing you with all the help and guidance you may need throughout your college journey.
You might need help and advice on a wide range of issues such as childcare, counselling and additional learning support. For more information on any aspect of student support contact the Course and Information Team, who will direct your call to the appropriate member of the college support team, call: 01325 503030.
If you have any questions about this course, send us a message using the form below.