Business AdministrationPrint Page
|Qualification type:||Advanced Apprenticeship|
One of the great things about business and administration is that you can work almost anywhere. With your transferable skills, you could be working in a marketing company or a charity. Administration roles are also an excellent starting point to move into management once you have more experience.
It’s likely that you’ll be working with a team or member of staff to handle various tasks. You may be typing up board meeting documents, putting financial information together in spread sheets, sending the daily post, or faxing and photocopying confidential documents. This sort of work requires a strong sense of responsibility, accuracy and attention to detail.
For this Apprenticeship you will need 5 GCSEs at grade A*-C, including maths and English or an appropriate level 2 qualification. Mature students will be assessed on individual merit.
You must be employed for a minimum of 30 hours per week in a relevant environment for the duration of the Apprenticeship.
You will be required to attend an interview at the college and we will request a school or college report.
To apply for this course please click the apply button and complete the online application form. If you have any queries with regards to your application or would like further information and support please contact us on 01325 503030.
- Manage own performance in a business environment
- Improve own performance in a business environment
- Work in a business environment
- Communicate in a business environment
- Additional support units to choose from to make up the required credits
- Principles of personal responsibilities and how to develop and evaluate own performance at work
- Principles of working with and supervising others in a business environment
- Principles of managing information and producing documents in a business environment
- Principles of providing and maintaining administrative services
- Principles of supporting change in a business environment
- Principles of maintaining stationery stock
- Principles of project management
- Principles of budgets in a business
- Principles of contributing to innovation and change
The Apprenticeship consists of a NVQ Diploma in Business and Administration, a Technical Certificate in Principles of Business and Administration and functional skills.
- Foundation Degree in Business Management
- Level 4 Business Qualification
- Management roles
Darlington College offers a wide range of support including careers guidance, financial assistance, additional learning support, childcare and many more. For more information on any aspect of student support contact the Student Services Team on 01325 503030 and they will direct your call to the appropriate college support team.
This course is fully funded for those aged 16-18, however there may be an employer contribution for those aged 19+. Employers needing further details on costs and available government funding options should contact the Business Development Team on 01325 503210 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here at the college we have outstanding support. Our support staff are dedicated to providing you with all the help and guidance you may need throughout your college journey.
You might need help and advice on a wide range of issues such as childcare, counselling and additional learning support. For more information on any aspect of student support contact the Course and Information Team, who will direct your call to the appropriate member of the college support team, call: 01325 503030.
If you have any questions about this course, send us a message using the form below.