Why should I Become an Apprentice?
It could be the best thing you’ve ever done.Print Page
“The course was very good, I learned and achieved a lot. It also got me a job at EE.”
-Nicole Hook , Contact Centre Operations
Great reasons to be an Apprentice:
- You earn a real wage while learning valuable new skills. The average Apprentice wage is £200 per week.
- You gain valuable knowledge and experience thanks to a blend of workplace training and college learning.
- You do a real job during your Apprenticeship, working at least 30 hours a week.
- You get a nationally recognised qualification at the end of your Apprenticeship.
- You receive industry standard training that is highly sought after by employers.
How to apply for an Apprenticeship
Use the National Apprenticeship Service website to find a local Apprenticeship vacancy: www.apprenticeships.org.uk or call our team on 01325 503210 to learn more.
If you are currently employed or already have a job lined up – and if your employer agrees – you can still apply for an Apprenticeship.
- Complete the online application form. State the role in which you are interested in the “reason for applying” box to speed up your application.
- You will be invited to attend the college for an interview with a Tutor and the Apprenticeship Team. This gives you an opportunity to ask any questions and learn more about your Apprenticeship, discuss employability, and how you can find a job.
- You will receive an offer of a place after your interview, subject to securing employment.
- The Admissions Department will send you a welcome pack that includes the time and date of enrolment for your Apprenticeship. If you are unable to make this enrolment date and time you must let us know and arrange an alternative.
- You can apply anytime throughout the year, although many Apprenticeships begin in September. Why not attend one of our open events to talk to tutors, tour the college and find out what student life is all about.
Go for it! If you’re ready for the challenge of an Apprenticeship, complete the online application form or contact the Course and Information Team on 01325 503030 for more information.
If you have any questions or thoughts don't hesitate to let us know!