Staying Safe Online
Ashleigh's Rules - Please stay safe online and follow some simple rulesPrint Page
Lots of people love using Facebook, Twitter and chat rooms. There is nothing wrong with chatting to your friends in this way. However, it’s really important that you keep yourself safe, so we asked our students to give us their safeguarding tips:
If you ever meet up with somebody who is alien to you or your friends, make sure that you meet them in a group of at least 2-3 and in a public, well lit and populated area.
- Inform somebody of where you are going and what time you should be back, also the name of who you are meeting
- Don’t accept anyone on social networking sites that you don’t know
- Remember never to trust anyone who you have met online, you don’t know what they are capable of doing
- Never tell a stranger on network sites or chat rooms anything personal about yourself, e.g. where you live, date of birth etc
- Never meet anyone you don’t know, simple as!
www.childline.org.uk for advice and help – telephone 0800 1111
www.CEOP.police.uk for advice, help and reporting internet crimes
www.victimsupport.org.uk for support for all types of crime
If you have any questions or thoughts don't hesitate to let us know!