How will the College identify a child/young person’s special educational needs or disabilities?

Print Page
  • Learner needs are usually highlighted to the College by feeder schools and Local Authority SEN Departments.
  • If a child/young person has an Education, Health & Care Plan or other SEN Support Plan the College will attend the Year 11 or 13 annual review if the college is named as the child/young persons preferred post 16 provider. The college will attend these reviews from Year 9 if invited.
  • On the college application form students are encouraged to disclose any special educational needs and disabilities.
  • At the interview/enrolment/assessment stages students are encouraged to discuss their support needs.
  • College Progression Coaches and/or tutors can refer learners to the Additional Learning Support Service if they feel additional support may be required for a student to reach their full potential.
  • Parents and/or students may self-refer at any time to the Additional Learning Support Service while studying at the College.

Enquiry Form

If you have any questions or thoughts don't hesitate to let us know!

No Upcoming Events
Stay Connected

18 hours ago"On ya Bike, as we host a special event for all you cyclists or anyone interested in learning more about the benefit…"

More Videos ›