Supporting transition into Darlington College for children/young people with SEND?

Print Page
  • The transition into college for children/young people generally starts in their last academic year at school. This could be either year 11 or year 13.
  • The college works very closely with feeder schools regarding the sharing of SEND information.
  • There may be a number of professionals/agencies involved in transition including Key Workers, Social Workers, SEN Case Workers etc.
  • The college can get involved in planning for transition from Year 9 if required and for children/young people with EHC Plans or other SEN Support Plans the college will confirm transition arrangements at the Year 11 annual review.
  • Transition may involve other multi- disciplinary meetings which enables all those who are/will be involved in the future placement to meet together and discuss how best to make the transition as smooth as possible.
  • The Additional Learning Support service can arrange visits and/or vocational taster sessions for your child/young person.
  • Once an application has been made, a child/young person will be invited to attend an admission interview to discuss their chosen programme of study. The Additional Learning Support service can support the child/young person through this process.
  • Support is planned with the child/young person and parents/carers at the EHC Plan/annual review. If support is not planned at this time we will work with children/young people and parents/carers to plan what support needs to be in place, before the child/young person starts at the college.

Enquiry Form

If you have any questions or thoughts don't hesitate to let us know!

No Upcoming Events
Stay Connected

20 hours ago"RT @JSchofieldTrust: Not forgetting our thanks to the continued support of @IanJSherwood of @NBCNews London bureau. His support to young jo…"

More Videos ›