Ofsted Report 2016Print Page
The latest Ofsted report shows the College is rated as ‘good’.
The report praises the significant improvement across every area including teaching quality, leadership, outcomes for learners. and personal development. It also rated the adult learning programmes as outstanding. The report emphasised students get highly effective and comprehensive support during their studies.
Principal Kate Roe said, “The report is testament to the hard work of every single member of staff who have all pulled together to adapt to change, make improvements and raise standards.”
The report highlighted a series of key changes including:
* Significant improvements in Governors, leaders and managers
* A well planned coherent curriculum that meets the priorities of local employers and the skills market
* Vast improvements in the quality of teaching, learning and assessment for students
* Excellent provision for learners with high needs
* Superb support for adult learners, helping them gain confidence and self esteem in transforming their lives.
The report praised the fact that learners develop high technical and employability skills for future careers, and the amount of support available for students means the vast majority stay on their courses and go on to be successful. The report says the quality of teaching and learning is good for the majority of learners and there is an extensive programme of good quality work experience on study programmes.
In particular it praised the care and support for learners with high needs. “The provision for learners with high needs is excellent: learners achieve well and develop their independence through good quality work experience.”
Read the full report here – Ofsted June 2016
If you have any questions or thoughts don't hesitate to let us know!