BIIAB Personal Licence Holders (APLH)Print Page
|Start date||Mondays 9th October 2017, 22nd Jan, 19th Mar and 14th May 2018; 8.30am-5.30pm|
Licensing laws in England and Wales states that anyone who authorises the sale of alcohol to the public must hold a personal licence.
This award is a mandatory qualification for those wishing to apply for a personal licence to sell or supply alcohol in England and Wales in shops, restaurants, bars, pubs, clubs and hotels, and this course is ideal for any level of management within the hospitality industry.
This course at Darlington College is a Level 2 qualification and allows you to achieve your award in a single day, studying the required theory in the morning and sitting a multiple choice examination in the afternoon.
Costs shown are per course
Registration Fees: £29
No formal entry requirements are required.
To apply for this course please click the apply button and complete the online application form. If you have any queries with regards to your application or would like further information and support please contact us on 01325 503030.
The BIIAB APLH covers the syllabus set by the government to enable candidates to understand the law in relation to:
- The roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities within the framework of the licensing objectives
- The application process for a personal licence
- The role and legal responsibilities of the personal licence holder, and the penalties relating to failure to comply with the law
- The premises licence
- The content and purpose of operating schedules
- The role and duties of the designated premises supervisor
- Unauthorised and temporary licensable activities
- Rights of entry to licensed premises
- Police powers with regard to suspension and closure of licensed premises
- The specific prohibitions for the sale of alcohol
- The strengths of alcoholic drinks and the effects of alcohol on the human body
- The protection of children from harm
- The responsible retail sale of alcohol
This will be via on going assessment, feedback and guidance from tutors.
You will be required to undertake a multiple choice exam in the afternoon.
PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST BRING WITH YOU VALID PHOTOGRAPHIC ID - FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN YOU BEING UNABLE TO SIT THE EXAMINATION.
The qualification is a minimum requirement for those wishing to apply for a personal licence.
You may wish to consider complimentary food hygiene and health and safety programmes to support your employability or develop your knowledge in the hospitality industry.
Darlington College offers a wide range of support including careers guidance, financial assistance, additional learning support, childcare and many more. For more information on any aspect of student support contact the Student Services Team on 01325 503030 and they will direct your call to the appropriate college support team.
This course does not qualify for fee remission - therefore fees are payable.
Course fees are payable to Darlington College. Registration and membership fees may be payable. All course fees are per year.
Here at the college we have outstanding support. Our support staff are dedicated to providing you with all the help and guidance you may need throughout your college journey.
You might need help and advice on a wide range of issues such as childcare, counselling and additional learning support. For more information on any aspect of student support contact the Course and Information Team, who will direct your call to the appropriate member of the college support team, call: 01325 503030.
If you have any questions about this course, send us a message using the form below.