Early Years Workforce (Educator)Print Page
|Qualification type:||Advanced Apprenticeship|
|Start date||Flexible start date|
This Apprenticeship covers a diverse range of job roles and occupational areas working in children’s workforce settings including early years and social care. This is the only Level 3 qualification that confer occupational competence for the children and young people’s workforce.
Anyone wishing to apply for this course must also complete the suitability declaration form which will be sent to you at the point we invite you to interview.
You will need 5 GCSEs at grade A*-C including English and maths, and a Level 2 in the relevant subject. You must also supply details of two personal referees who are not relatives and the college will formally write to them to obtain up to date references to support your application.
You will be required to attend an interview at the college for all courses and Apprenticeships and we will request a school or college report.
To apply for this course please click the apply button and complete the online application form. If you have any queries with regards to your application or would like further information and support please contact us on 01325 503030.
- Child and young person development
- How to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people
- Develop positive relationships with children, young people and others involved in their care
- Context and principles for early years provision
- Promote learning and development in the early years
- Professional practice in early years settings
- Understand how to support positive outcomes for children and young people
- Support children and young people’s health and safety
- Promote communication
- Promote equality and inclusion
- Engage in personal development
- Employers rights and responsibilities
- Paediatric first aid
- Food safety certificate
- Functional Skills in maths, English and IT at level 2
DBS is required.
- Teaching Assistant
- Childcare Practitioner
Darlington College offers a wide range of support including careers guidance, financial assistance, additional learning support, childcare and many more. For more information on any aspect of student support contact the Student Services Team on 01325 503030 and they will direct your call to the appropriate college support team.
Here at the college we have outstanding support. Our support staff are dedicated to providing you with all the help and guidance you may need throughout your college journey.
You might need help and advice on a wide range of issues such as childcare, counselling and additional learning support. For more information on any aspect of student support contact the Course and Information Team, who will direct your call to the appropriate member of the college support team, call: 01325 503030.
If you have any questions about this course, send us a message using the form below.