Customer ServicesPrint Page
|Qualification type:||Advanced Apprenticeship|
Good customer service is key to the success of any business or organisation. It’s one of those useful skills that’s found all over the place and covers all the extras that make a customer’s experience better.
As a customer service apprentice, you’ll probably work at the front end of an employer’s business activities and regularly assist customers. Duties will vary between sectors, but in most cases you’ll be making sure that customers are dealt with in a positive, reliable and pleasant way – whether that’s by offering advice, answering questions or handling complaints.
For this Apprenticeship you will need 5 GCSEs at grade A*-C, including maths and English or an appropriate level 2 qualification. Mature students will be assessed on individual merit.
You must be employed for a minimum of 30 hours per week in a relevant environment for the duration of the Apprenticeship.
You will be required to attend an interview at the college and we will request a school or college report.
To apply for this course please click the apply button and complete the online application form. If you have any queries with regards to your application or would like further information and support please contact us on 01325 503030.
The Apprenticeship consists of a NVQ Diploma in Customer Service, a Technical Certificate in Principles of Customer Service and Functional Skills.
- Understand the use of communication in customer service
- Understand the principles of customer service delivery in different sectors
- Understand the principles of making improvements to customer service
The NVQ qualification has 2 mandatory units and further optional units, which are then broken down into groups. The units within these headings are built up of credits. For example, the Level 3 Diploma equals 42 credits.
- Demonstrate understanding of customer service
- Demonstrate understanding of the rules that impact on improvements in customer service
Impression and image (18 units) including:
- Communicate effectively with customers
- Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Promote additional services or products to customers
- Make customer service personal
- Champion customer service
Delivery (16 units) including:
- Deliver reliable customer service
- Deliver customer service on your customers' premises
- Recognise diversity when delivering customer service
- Deal with customers across a language divide
Handling problems (8 units) including:
- Recognise and deal with customer queries, requests and problems
- Resolve customer service problems
- Handle referred customer complaints
Development and improvement (20 units) including:
- Develop customer service relationships
- Support customer service improvements
- Develop personal performance through delivering customer service
- Review and re-engineer customer service processes
- Manage customer service performance
- Foundation Degree in Business Management
- Level 4 Business Qualification
- Customer Relationship Manager
- Team leader roles
Darlington College offers a wide range of support including careers guidance, financial assistance, additional learning support, childcare and many more. For more information on any aspect of student support contact the Student Services Team on 01325 503030 and they will direct your call to the appropriate college support team.
This course is fully funded for those aged 16-18, however there may be an employer contribution for those aged 19+. Employers needing further details on costs and available government funding options should contact the Business Development Team on 01325 503210 or email email@example.com.
Here at the college we have outstanding support. Our support staff are dedicated to providing you with all the help and guidance you may need throughout your college journey.
You might need help and advice on a wide range of issues such as childcare, counselling and additional learning support. For more information on any aspect of student support contact the Course and Information Team, who will direct your call to the appropriate member of the college support team, call: 01325 503030.
If you have any questions about this course, send us a message using the form below.