Flexible courses to help you achievePrint Page
No matter how much time you have available, or when you need to do your learning, we’re certain to offer something that fits your individual circumstances. Full time or part time, short or flexible, daytime or evening – our courses are delivered in a number of formats.
- Access courses. Consider an Access to Higher Education course if you’ve been out of education for a while and want to get back into the swing of things, or prepare yourself for university.
- Apprenticeships. Anyone over 16 years old can apply for an apprenticeship, whether leaving school, unemployed or employed. An apprenticeship lets you earn while you learn as you have a job with a real local employer from the day you start. Apprenticeships are available in popular vocations including beauty therapy, bricklaying, engineering, hairdressing, plumbing, vehicle repair, and much more. At the end of your apprenticeship you’ll have a nationally recognised qualification, great experience and excellent career prospects.
- Evening classes. Many adult learners find evening classes are an ideal way to fit learning into busy lives. Popular evening classes include beauty, cookery, education and teaching, and I.T, along with professional courses in accounting, human resources, management, marketing… and many others.
- Full time courses. Take the plunge into adult education and apply for a full time course. Ideal if you are out of work and want to re-train for a new career.
- Gas Training and Assessment Centre. Gas professionals can benefit from the courses and facilities available at our dedicated Gas Training and Assessment Centre. The centre has state-of-the-art resources to help you meet industry standards, and our tutors are former industry professionals who can advise on the latest legislation, industry changes and the Gas Registration Scheme.
- Part time and short courses. Highly experienced vocational teaching staff delivers part time and short courses that offer practical skills to develop your skills. Courses cover an assortment of vocations and are run both during the daytime and during evenings. Many courses lead to nationally recognised qualifications so you can meet industry standards. The selection of courses is regularly updated but usually includes popular vocations such as beauty therapy, catering, engineering, hairdressing, and health and childcare.
- Professional and management qualifications. If you want to deliver best practice and high performance standards, we offer a wide range of management and professional qualifications to meet the needs of specific professions including accounting, human resources, marketing and many others.
- University level qualifications. Delivered in partnership with Teesside University, these include Foundation degrees and Higher National Certificates and Diplomas (HNCs and HNDs). They cover a number of subjects including business, computing, hospitality and more.
- Skills for life. Brush up on essential skills like maths and English in a friendly and supportive environment.
If you have any questions or thoughts don't hesitate to let us know!