Which Course is for Me?
Your reasons for getting back into education are as individual as you are!Print Page
Whatever your goals for becoming a student, we’ve got it covered.
- New career? Take a vocational course in a subject that interests you. Choose from vocations including beauty, plumbing, engineering… and many others. You could even apply for an apprenticeship. Many vocational courses are suitable for beginners. Most take one or two years to complete and can be full time or part time.
- Career progression? Professional qualifications are an essential legal requirement for some industries and vocations. By possessing the relevant qualification for your job, you can maximise your potential, and benefit from better career progression and improved reputation in your field.
- Update skills? A short course can equip you with skills in essential subjects like maths and English, making you more employable.
- Unemployed? If your circumstances have changed – either through unemployment or redundancy – one of our courses may be just the thing to get you back into work.
- Go to university? Always wanted to go to university but don’t have the qualifications you need? An access course could be exactly what you need and help you get back into the swing of studying.
Choose the right course for you.
We offer courses in hundreds of subjects including art, business, catering childcare, construction, engineering, hairdressing, science, teaching… and many others. The details of all courses are available on this website. Visit the courses page for more information or use the search box to look for a course.
Our extensive choice of flexible learning is designed to suit your goals and lifestyle. Types of courses include:
- Access Courses
- Evening Classes
- Full Time Courses
- Gas Training and Assessment
- Part Time and Short Courses
- Professional and Management Qualifications
- Skills for Life
All UK qualifications are numbered from level one to eight, or “entry.” The different levels equate to different types of qualification such as GCSEs, A-Levels, HNCs, HNDs, Foundation degrees etc.
|8||Specialist qualifications such as PhDs|
|7||Masters degrees, postgraduate certificates, postgraduate diplomas|
|6||Bachelor’s degrees (e.g. BA or BSc)|
|5||Foundation degrees, HNDs, Level 5 diplomas|
|4||HNCs, Level 4 diplomas|
|3||A-Levels, Level 3 NVQs, Level 3 certificates|
|2||GCSE grade A*-C, Level 2 NVQs, Level 2 diplomas|
|1||GCSE grade D-G, Level 1 certificates|
|Entry||Entry level courses to develop skills and increase confidence|
Many of our courses are designed with input from employers so you can be confident you’ll leave the college equipped with the real-world skills you need to apply for the job you want.
Go for it! If you’re ready to get back into education call our Course and Information team for a chat on 01325 50 30 30.
If you have any questions or thoughts don't hesitate to let us know!